This treasure hunt will assist you in understanding the events of the 1960's. By reading the entire articles, while you are answering the questions, you will gain an in-depth understanding of these events. Have fun trying to solve the questions. You are a Child of Aquarius if you can answer 8-10, a Hippie 5-7, a Hitchhiker with 3-4, or a Gen-X with less than 3.
1. Sept. 26, 1960: Sen. John F. Kennedy and Vice President Richard M. Nixon participated in what, and what was significant about this event Answer
2. On March 1, 1961, President Kennedy signs an executive order establishing the Peace Corps. Three day later the first director was named. Who was itAnswer
3. The "December 1961 White Paper," argued for an increase in whatAnswer
4. The Cuban Missile Crisis, was a major confrontation between the United States and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) that occurred in 1962 over the issue of what Answer
5. The Warren commission was appointed by U.S. president Lyndon B. Johnson on Nov. 29, 1963, to investigate what Answer
6. In 1968, who (again) won his party's nomination, and went on to defeat Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey and third-party candidate George C. Wallace Answer
7. Martin Luther King Jr. was shot in what city and by whom on April 4, 1968 Answer
8. In 1969 The Woodstock Music festival was held on who's farm Answer
9. On 3 May 1970, who was the Ohio governor that sent National Guards men to Kent State to quell the violence Answer
10. Who was the mission commander for the first landing on the Moon Answer
A NOTE TO TEACHERS: This Treasure hunt has links that when enabled allow it to function as a guided tour and when disabled to function as a true Treasure Hunt.
This Treasure Hunt was constructed in partial fulfillment of requirements for Troy State's 6607 Curriculum Integration of Technology.