VideoDatabase] [Social Studies] [TSU]
Types of graphic files (.bmp,.gif,
||Inserting and Editing
Cut, Copy, Paste
Creating objects (autoshapes, text boxes, wordart,
Ordering of objects (move to back,
Grouping of objects
Adding color and
- Graphics from other sources
- Clipart from CD ROM
- Graphics from the Web
Inserting and Editing Graphics (Microsoft Word)
- Open Microsoft Word
- Click Insert
- Select Picture and Clipart
- Select a category and a picture to insert into your document.
- Click Insert
- If the Picture Toolbar (pictured below) is not displayed, click
View, Toolbars and select the Picture Toolbar.
Cut, Copy and Paste
- Click Edit, Copy or Cut.
- Next, click Edit and Paste.
- Or, you can use the shortcut button from the standard toolbar.
These buttons are shown below.
Shortcut Keys can also be utilized
Ctrl + C =
Copy Ctrl + X =
Cut Ctrl + V =
Creating autoshapes, text boxes, word art, etc..
- Use the Drawing toolbar below to add various graphics to your
- If the toolbar is not visible, click View, Toolbars,
and select Drawing.
*This toolbar is usually visible on the bottom of the Microsoft Word
- Click on the object or graphic that you want to move forward or
backward. Click Draw on the drawing toolbar (pictured
above), and select order.
- Click on the "arrow tool" pictured above on the drawing
- Click and drag to select all of the objects you want to group.
You should notice handles around each individual object.
- Click Draw and select group. Your individual objects
will now be one big "grouped" object.
Adding Clipart from a CD ROM
- Select Insert, Picture, From File.
- Change to the CD ROM drive.
- Double-click to open a clipart folder with the theme you are looking
- Click Insert, when you find the graphic you want.
Saving Clipart from the Web
- Visit a free clipart website (be sure to check copyright
- Right-click with your mouse on the graphic you want to save to use
in your document
- Next, use the left-click mouse button to select "Save image as..."
- Change to the Floppy a: drive or a folder on your hard drive.
- Click save.
- To insert your picture in a document, click Insert, Picture, From
File and change to your a: drive or folder where the graphic was saved.
Source: Cotton, Jarred. http://members.tripod.com/jacotton
This page was updated on: 04/10/02|